Tuesday 21 December 2010

EVERYDAY SHOES

 Trying to find the perfect 'wear with anything' pair of shoes is something I think every woman is intimately familiar with.   


You think of them every morning after you're already dressed, struggling to find something easy to put on so you can just get the hell out the door. But by easy, i dont mean boring or practical - you want to look good no matter how rushed you feel.  And I'm not the type of girl that plans her outfits around her shoes(well not on a daily basis anyhow). So - I was looking for something with a heel but not too much of a heel (I actually have things to do and take public transport),  something that looks fashionable but not too fashionable (I have a corporate type job), something high quality but not crazy expensive (I love the Zanotti ankle boots this season but just cant justify the spend), etc etc. The quest can go on forever and while at first you set yourself a spending limit - nothing seems to fit the bill and now you're ready to spend mega money if only it actually existed or was in stock.

I managed to finally find my dream shoes - the Cole Haan Air Talia boots above - but my god it took awhile to actually procure these! Sold out everywhere (and not they were not going to produce them again for next season I'm told) - I ended up scoring when they were returned in my size. And they are so comfortable!  I'm in love!  I didn't even realize Nike collaborated with Cole Haan to create shoes like this.  I remember a couple of designers who attempted the comfortable but good looking dilemma awhile back - but they never actually attained the good looking factor.  I really think these do.

I'm sure everyone has a shoe quest like mine, what are you perfect everyday shoes?






No comments:

Post a Comment