Sunday 6 March 2011

THE WEDGE TRAINER / SNEAKER - Isabel Marant & See by Chloe

Images: Isabel Marant trainers (via Garance), See by Chloe Trainers (via Zappos Couture)


If not obsessed, who wasn't intrigued by the Isabel Marant wedge trainers (or sneakers where I'm from) released last year? 


More after the jump....









I've long been a trainer fan - especially of the high top Nike or Raf Simmons variety (if I ever could afford them) - but never managed to be able to pull them off with the rest of my wardrobe. They were too fat, too flat, and looked odd on me. If I were in NYC, this might not ring as true because of the sheer ubiquity of trainers.  But in London? I mean, Nike has some incredible trainers - and I have bought a pair or two men's versions (because the colors always appealed to me more than the women's) even though they were always a size too big. The proportions on the women's releases seem to stay exactly the same as the mens - large toe area, wide soles, etc.  So instead, I spent an inordinate amount of money outfitting the feet my significant other (not that he is complaining). When I wanted to wear trainers to run around in I pulled on my trusted Chuck Taylors - at least I don't have to change my whole outfit to wear them. But the Isabel Marant beauties add a feminine twist to some classic shoes - looking like a mix of Asics and Raf - but with a heel! I like how in the second photo - they work with outfits I normally wear - where you can interchange ankle boots or trainers depending on how much comfiness you need. 
Trainers I wish looked good on my feet: Raf Simmons, Nike, Raf Simmons, Raf Simmons, Onitsuka Tiger


The See By Chloe shoes follow but look more uptown- or rather a street version of their suede lace up from last year(below). Not to mention they are nearly half the price and actually still available!



1 comment:

  1. love the see by chloe ones! ordered them tonight will do a post as soon as i get them!!

    ReplyDelete